STRATEGIC PLAN OUTLINE
I Business Definition, identification of:
2. Products to be sold
3. Basis upon which company will compete
b) Industry analysis - review of major competitive forces shaping industry structure such as customers, suppliers, threats from substitute products technologies, the nature of entry barriers protecting the business from new competitors
c) Competitor analysis - develop profiles of the different competitors' business strategies
3. Definition of strategic objectives, addressing the following:
b) A ranking of the above
c) How the above are to be balanced so that the company's economic mission isn't jeopardized.
b) Identifying ways to change "the rules of competition"
c) Analyzing the value-added process to create competitive advantage
d) Anticipating competitive response and identifying likely scenarios
b) Check cash flow implications
b) Breadth of the market over which the advantage is to be pursued, either over a broad market or in a specialized market niche(s).
2. Identification of the "critical success factors", key activities that have to be performed flawlessly in order to ensure successful implementation
3. Maintenance of simple and lean organizational structures
4. Creation of a monitoring and control system using milestones and concentrating on closing performance gaps
5. Development of an incentive scheme that rewards Managers who get things done - not those who write about what is needed
6. Preparation of formal contingency plans
©2000 Jerry Adel & Company All rights reserved.